Hello Scrappers! I'm here with another project for "Lone Wolf Designs, LLC." For my Design Team Showcase, I decided to showcase my latest mini-album. It is a Family themed, vintage style mini. I am very pleased with the way it came out. I originally started the album with the intentions of putting it up for sale... BUT, I like it so much, I may end up keeping it for myself!! ((wink-wink)) I hope you enjoy...
I made this cover with the same technique as the "Sweet Daughter" mini album. This album measures 5"x8". I just cut the 8"x10" mat-board in half... eliminating any waste. This album was also bound with the "Bind-It-All" machine & O-wires.
After covering the mat-board with patterned paper, I adhered a piece of solid/embossed cardstock at the bottom for added texure. I used Tim Holtz, "Walnut Stain", distress ink to ink all of the edges and the texture of the embossing. I then added pleated ribbon, lace, & a strand of flat-back pearls.
To embellish further, I added some paper roses, leaves, and ribbon tails. These roses started out as white, and as usual, I colored them with homemade glimmer mists. I then inked the tips with Tim Holtz, "Walnut Stain", Distress Ink. The white/golden leaves up top, behind the flowers were white satin floral leaves found in the wedding section of the craft store. They color well with the homemade glimmer mists. But, be fore-warned that they take a good few hours to dry. You can also paint them with a thin coat of acrylic paint to achieve a more even overall coverage.
On the binding, I made a chunky dangle charm. I started with a Tim Holtz - Ideaology - Swivel Clasp and added coordinating beads and charms for a unique vintage look. I love the look of these charms hanging off of the binding!!
To add even more texture, movement, & embellishment to the binding... I used Tim Holtz Distress stains to color some crinkle ribbon (also by Tim Holtz). The stain colors were "Mowed Lawn", "Mustard Seed", and "Antique Bronze".
In addition to the ribbon, I also added some light green tule and mustard colored vintage seam binding.
(seem binding compliments of Tri-City Pickers in Columbia, SC - THANK YOU!!)
I decided to title the album... "FAMILY". I stamped the title and inked the edges with walnut stain distress ink for that "vintage" look. I adhered it to the cover in a "wavy banner" style. I used "Fabri-Tac" from Beacon adhesives to adhere it... I use fabri-tac to adhere anything that may be difficult to hold or handled a lot. It bonds well and has a strong hold.
There you have it... my VINTAGE FAMILY MINI ALBUM!!
Stay tuned next week for the posting of the inside pages... You will NOT want to MISS this!! Thanks for visiting and don't forget to subscribe to my blog so you can join in on all of the CREATIVITY.
Find some of these productS & MORE for
AMAZING DISCOUNT PRICES at...
Find more inspiration and crafty conversations at...