Monday, February 11, 2013

"Black Tie Event" TP Mini Album

Hi Scrappers!  Well, it's been a while since my last post, but there has been a lot going on around here and sicknesses have made their way around the family.  But, we are getting better, Praise God!!  This week I want to show the TP mini that I made for the "Black Tie Event" Swap over at THE SCRAP CAFE' on FB. I had a lotta fun with this one. I hope you like it.  As always, your comments and suggestions mean a lot!
Happy Scrappin',

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
After the TP rolls were all good and flat... to start this project, I tore some pages from an old paperback Bible to cover each roll with. I cut it to size (leaving about 1/4 larger on each end), then adhered to the rolls with my ATG, leaving flaps on each end to fold inside of the roll. This covers the ends quite well. I then spritzed with homemade glimmer mists (black & silver), and inked the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Black ink and
an ink blending tool.

This is the finished cover. The piece in the middle is a resist canvas piece by PRIMA. I left it blank so that the recipient could write/stamp the title of their choice. The leaves you see here are silk floral leaves that I colored with homemade glimmer mists. If you try this, you will need to apply a very thick coat, let them dry for a couple of hours, then mist again. Hold the mister fairly close to the piece to get good coverage. The silk florals do not take the mist as easily as paper flowers/leaves, but it is attainable.

 These black and silver paper flowers were spritzed with the same glimmer mists... then coordinating stickles were added to the edges of the petals and to the leaves. The white flower is a silk from the wedding section of the craft store. I opted to leave it white, it came with the tule attached to it as is. I topped it off with a pretty little stick pin that my 10 yr old daughter made... It was perfect for this little project!  The silver "swirls" are actually glitter brads. I flattened out the brad flaps on the back and adhered them under the flowers. I use "Fabri-Tac" by Beacon to hold bulky/hard to adhere items. It works EXTREMELY well!
This is the back of the cover roll. I found those metal flowers at "Tuesday Morning" at an exceptional price. The tag is embossed with silver detail embossing powder. I traced the flower pattern that was already on the paper and wrote the sentiment by hand with an embossing pen. The tag removes easily for more space behind it to add a photo. The corners of each one of the background papers that you will see are punched with a decorative corner punch.
This is a little tag/pocket page. I cut the background paper and the silver pocket paper the same size. I then punched the corners with the decorative corner punch. After, I cut the silver paper in half to make the pocket. I lined it up with the bottom of the background paper to make it look like all one piece. The corners of this page are stamped and embossed with silver detail.  I completed the page with a strip of sequin ribbon and a little title strip. The "tab" on the tag is made with spellbinders... "Donna Salazar - Creative Page Tabs".

The butterfly on this page was stamped with a Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous stamp. I embossed the edges of the background paper and the title strip. I used silver brads & a strip of "bling mesh" to dress up the title. (Thanks for the bling mesh, DeAnna!)

The pocket on this page was created with a canvas resist piece.  I spritzed it with silver glimmer mist and inked the edges with Tim Holtz Distress black. I only adhered the edge of the bottom and side with Fabr-Tac to keep it open for the tags to slip right in. The tag in the front was stamped with a flower stamp and a decorative corner stamp. Then I added crackle accents to the flower.

This was a fairly quick and simple page. Stamped the corner of the paper with the edge of a decorative corner stamp and embossed. Added a resin flower and a resist branch up top.

This pocket page used the same technique as the first. I added a strip of bling mesh and a little title strip made with my label maker... BUT, when I added crackle accents to the title strip, it faded the words. That was an experiment that didn't turn out as I'd hoped. The tag was made from the same Colorbok patterned paper stack. It already had this beautiful butterfly foiled on it.  Another Donna Salazar tab and embossing on the tag.

The is the final page and the back of the album. I added a ribbon slider to a piece of ribbon and adhered it on each end with Fabri-tac as tightly as I could get it. The tags hold nicely under the ribbon and are very easily taken in & out.  The black tag was embossed on the edges and a little fold of black ribbon adhered on the end for a "tab". 

A closer look at the tags that are in the album. Everything but the silver butterfly was stamped with black Archival ink.

I added crackle accents to the butterfly. I think it adds a nice texture. This was my FAVORITE element in this albem. I speckled the paper with a fine point felt tip pen for added texture.
One more more look at that GORGEOUS cover!!  I am so glad that the recipient loved it!!
Thanks again for tuning in and checking out my CREATIVITY!  I hope that I have inspired you to stretch your creative juices to a new level. Have a blessed day...
And don't forget to visit us at ...
both on Facebook!!


  1. Great job, as usual! This is quite lovely. I'm sure that your swap partner will love it!

  2. The photos don't do this gorgeous mini any justice! So much more scrumptious in person! Great job, Tami!


Please take a moment to leave a comment... Your opinions mean a lot to me!! Thanks!!