Monday, October 15, 2012

"Where do the years go?"

This weekend we celebrated my niece as a soon to be Bride, with a Bridal Shower.  She looked gorgeous (as always) and was beaming with excitement!  As she talked about the stress of the wedding, I couldn't help but to think - "Where did the time go?" 

I remembered back when she, her sister, and 2 of my other nieces would come over to "Aunt Tam's" house and play in the sprinkler under the southern sun.  After working up a healthy appetite, we would sit down to a nice little picnic in the shade of an old cherry tree.  Once we would get our tummies full; the blanket that was just used as a "table cloth", became a soft, cool grass pallet to sneek a nap in. 

It was such a nice time to share with them before I became a Wife/Mom myself.  Since then, I have experienced a lot of good and a lot of not so, but PRAISE GOD I experienced life! As her wedding approaches, my heart remembers ALL 5 of my nieces & my nephew, and ALL that they will experience in their years ahead.  My spirit smiles with joy and anticipation to watch them bloom into what God has intended them to be. 

But, at the same time, my heart stalls with hesitation in knowing that there will be mountains that they will have to climb.  I earnestly PRAY for my children, my nieces, and my nephew to keep their eyes/heart set on GOD and to follow him in ALL of lifes' paths. Not just during the sunny days... but to stay faithful to God in the stormy ones too!From experience, I know that there will be times they want to give up; to give in. But I pray that they will ALL stand firm and keep their faith in God to bring them through to the sunshine waiting on the other side.  If God brings you to it, He WILL bring you through it!!

With all of that said, and the trip down memory lane over... We wanted to give them something from the heart, something that they could cherish as a family keepsake... So,  here is a little "something" that I made for her and her fiance' as they embark on their "journey" together.

Thankfully, She LOVED it!!

Prayers & Blessings, Tami




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please take a moment to leave a comment... Your opinions mean a lot to me!! Thanks!!